Designer: John Szetho
Project Type: Student Project
School: RMIT University
Course: Communication Design
Tutor: Renato Gallina
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Packaging Contents: Sleep Speakers, Light Balls
Packaging Materials: Paper, Cotton Fabric, Foam
In collaboration with the Grand Hyatt Hotel Melbourne, the aim of this project was to develop a concept that delivers guests a better nights sleep. The Grand Hyatt's innovation team were looking for a solution that was innovative, unique, a little 'out-of-the-box' and aligned with their brand vision to "deliver moments of more".
• Appeal to both male and females
• Appeal to international guests
• Look and feel luxurious
• Appropriate to the design of the Grand Hyatt's interior
• Include the Grand Hyatt logo as provided
• Include instructions on how to use the product(s)
• State the product is exclusive to Grand Hyatt Hotels Melbourne
• Address local influences to Melbourne culture
Features two wireless stereo speakers, pre-programmed with six user-selectable soundscapes, designed to help you relax, improve your mood and alleviate stress.
Features palm-sized light balls that illuminate a palette of six changing colours in reference to some of Melbourne's most vibrant localities —the antidote to a hectic lifestyle.
*these amenities are hypothetical and should not be confused with the Grand Hyatt Hotel's real branding.